Thursday, September 8, 2011

Some Thinkings

It's been a while... I've missed you.

So the last few weeks have been quite busy and I'm only now getting to slow down and rest a little bit. Last night was the first good night's sleep I've had in about a month; it was magical. Our youth group's camp and retreat were wonderful! I had a great time working at the camp, getting to be around some very serving people from our church, and spending time with our high schoolers. I was very blessed by the sermons, the worship, and the overall atmosphere.

As for retreat, what an amazing time that was! The worship at retreat was unbelievable and the fellowship truly blessed my soul. I had a chance to spend some time with some very close friends and get to know some great people (from our church as well as some visitors). I also realized something during these last few weeks: I really love our church. I've said it before, but I mean it much more now. After learning more about the church and how God is fully in control of it and is constantly working on it, I see how blessed I am to be where I am. I am now thrilled when I get to be around members from our church. It gives my heart great joy to see growth in people's lives and I thoroughly enjoy worshipping with different kinds of people. Thank you to all the people whose unique lives, personalities, and testimonies make up our beautiful church body. Thank you for your prayers, your service, your presence, and your love for God.

Having said that, there's a hymn that's been on my mind the last few days. It's been reminding me that I truly need God every moment of my life. I need His guidance, His mercy, His grace, His love, and every other characteristic that makes up our great God. Where would I be if God hadn't saved me from my life of sin and despair? I don't really want to know. The hymn is called 'I Need Thee Every Hour.' If you haven't heard this hymn yet, do give it a listen. It sounds better when sung by a choir or a good quartet, although a good quartet recording is hard to find. Here are the lyrics though, I hope you are blessed by this hymn as much as I am:

I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.

Refrain

I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Savior, I come to Thee.

I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their power when Thou art nigh.

Refrain

I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is in vain.

Refrain

I need Thee every hour; teach me Thy will;
And Thy rich promises in me fulfill.

Refrain

I need Thee every hour, most Holy One;
O make me Thine indeed, Thou blessed Son.

Refrain

No comments:

Post a Comment