Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Chivalry

Yesterday I had the great displeasure of seeing quite a few displays of men who lacked courteousness, thoughtfulness, and just plain common sense. I don't know why I paid more attention to this yesterday than I usually do, but it really stuck out to me. I saw one scenario where a woman was walking up to a store with a baby on her hip and a big bag tucked under the other arm. Three men walk past her, fling the door open, and all walk in ahead of her; not thinking to hold the door. I'm not sure when it became okay for men to stop being chivalrous, but it is unacceptable. It's not okay to be so arrogant that you're completely oblivious to the people around you. Hold doors open for women, walk them to their cars/front doors, pay for them when you're able to, offer a jacket if it's cold outside. Show some class guys, act like gentleman! And don't forget to stay proper.

No comments:

Post a Comment