Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Who do you love most of all?

I had an interesting day last week. I wasn't feeling like the greatest Christian and I didn't feel that God was "blessing" me as much as some other days. So I got to thinking; why do I have these types of days? They don't happen very often, but it sure is a downer when they do. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that the days that I don't feel like a "good Christian" are those that I love myself more than I love Christ. As a child of God, my main goal in life isn't my own satisfaction or the fulfillment of my desires, it's to glorify God with my life, share the gospel with the unsaved, build up His church, and make sure that at all times; God is my all. I get distracted quite easily with the vast amount of tasks I need to accomplish at any given time and lose sight of my goal and this always results in a lack of joy and satisfaction. True joy comes from living out your purpose, and despite what the world may say; that purpose isn't self satisfaction.

Just wanted to share this thought because it really helped me put things into perspective. Enjoy the Christmas season dear friends, keep your thoughts focused on Christ and the amazing thing that happened over 2000 years ago when God Himself came down to earth and took the form of man so that He could die for sinners like me and you. Also, remember to use this time to serve others instead of expecting to be served by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment